We hope you are enjoying a safe and relaxing summer. In preparation for the new school year, please take the time to log-in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal account at https://northhaven.powerschool.com and click on the Ecollect link on the left-hand side of the page to update your contact, health, and demographic information as well as sign off on the annual handbook, technology, and photo permissions. This is also a great time to update your digital alert preferences in the Swiftreach Swift K12 section of PowerSchool to ensure you are receiving all messages according to your liking.
- Go to https://northhaven.powerschool.com on a computer (this will not work in the PowerSchool app, the app is limited to only a few functions)
- Log-In with your Parent Username and Password
- If you are unable to log-in or require any assistance with completing your forms, please call 203-780-9566 between 8AM and 2PM M-F or email email@example.com for assistance. In-person assistance will also be available at the Chromebook pick up locations and times listed below, computers will be provided on-site for you to complete the forms if you do not have one available.
- Click on the Ecollect link on the left hand side of the screen and fill out the Contact, Health, Demographic, and Policy Agreement forms. Be sure to click Submit at the bottom of each form. When all of your forms have been completed, you will see the little blue leaf indicators on the Ecollect page will show no blue leaves, only Green or Yellow leaves for forms that have been submitted.
- Click on the SwiftReach Preferences link in the upper left hand corner to check/adjust your preferences for how you want to receive alerts. Please be aware that starting this year, each parent or guardian may only adjust their own preferences, and not adjust the preferences for other parents or guardians to ensure all parents have equal access to designate their own communication preferences.
Important Notes: The Contacts form is the form with the most changes this year. Please be sure to only mark non-parents or guardians as "Emergency Contacts". Parents may add as many phone numbers and email addresses as they would like for themselves and as many Emergency contact people as they would like, but parents should not be marked as Emergency Contacts, only non-parent contacts (neighbor, aunt Susan etc) should be marked as Emergency Contacts, we will always call the parents and guardians first. To designate that one contact or guardian should be called before another, simply drag the person or phone number higher up the list before submitting the contact form. This form may be changed at any time throughout the school year.
Please ensure your updates are completed prior to August 19th in order to avoid any delay in the release of teacher names/class schedules scheduled to be released via email and PowerSchool Portal on August 19th.
Middle School and High School:
These forms must also be completed prior to your student (Grades 6-12) receiving their Chromebook for the year (if they have not already been assigned one last year). For more information for grades 6-9 and new student Chromebook pick-up and Chromebook program details, please see below.
Insurance is not required but is recommended, it is $19.99 for a 12 month policy, $0 deductible, unlimited claims. Example: your student leaves their Chromebook out in their backpack in the rain in October, and then has their dog jump on the Chromebook and break the screen in April, there is no additional cost for the repairs of the machine. They can just bring it to Rm 221 at the High School or the Media Center at the Middle School and receive a loaner Chromebook while their repair is being processed. Insurance is available at https://securranty.com/north-haven-insurance
North Haven High School Chromebook (New Students and Grade 9) Pick Ups:
Chromebooks may be picked up in the school cafeteria on July 31st, August 1st, or August 7th from 8:30AM-1PM. Parents are not required to be present for Chromebook pick-up, but the online forms must be completed prior to pick up. If you or your student is unable to pick-up their Chromebook prior to the start of school, Chromebooks may be picked up in Room 221 during the 1st week of school.
North Haven Middle School Chromebook (Entering Grades 6-8) Pick Ups:
Chromebooks may be picked up in the Library MEdia Center on August 14th, August 21st, or August 22nd from 8:30AM-1PM. Parents are not required to be present for Chromebook pick-up, but the online forms must be completed prior to pick up. If you or your student is unable to pick-up their Chromebook prior to the start of school, Chromebooks may be picked up in Room B104 during the 1st week of school.
For full information on the Chromebook program, please visit
As a reminder, our web address has changed- our district website address is now www.northhavenschools.org
Thank You and Have a Great Day,
Director of Educational and Information Technology